Who are the Home Owners Panel?
The Home Owners Panel is a group of Hyde customer volunteers that own all or part of their homes.
What do they do?
The panel works in partnership with our home ownership service managers. They listen to other homeowners’ feedback and find ways for services to be improved for all. If they see an issue, they ask questions and challenge us. Some members of the Home Owners Panel also attend Customer Voice. The two groups share feedback about services, especially when they're concerned that performance isn't as good as it should be.
Why not ‘observe’ a meeting?
If you’re a homeowner (shared owner, leaseholder or freeholder) with Hyde and would like to learn more about the panel, you can join a meeting to see for yourself what the group do.
Meetings are currently online. If you’re interested in joining or observing HOP, please let us know here:
Join or observe the Home Owners Panel (HOP)
Summary of the last meeting on 21 March 2023
- Hyde staff shared an update about service charge statements from 21/22, the estimates from 23/24, and improvements to ways of working, including enhanced communications. Face to face drop-in events were trialled for blocks where there was large increase of charges. The Home Owners Panel recommended pre-bookable telephone appointments and challenged Hyde’s increase of buildings insurance charges. It was confirmed that Hyde would publish an ‘FAQ’ document soon, to address questions.
- Hyde staff shared an update about how we handle complaints and introduced the new Complaints Quality & Improvement Officer role. Staff also shared an update about complaints performance on current and historical complaint cases, what lessons have been learnt, and the current speed of resolving complaints. The Home Owners Panel said that key issues were:
- residents should be notified before complaints were closed
- that residents should receive regular communications about complaints including an acknowledgement that it had been received.
- Hyde staff shared a brief update on the future of complaints management, including the introduction of a new Customer Relationship Management system, Salesforce. Alongside Salesforce customers now have the option to log and track complaints digitally in MyAccount.
- Read the minutes from the Home Owners Panel March 2023 (PDF, 240KB)
- Read the minutes from the Home Owners Panel January 2023 (PDF, 155KB)
- Read the minutes from the Home Owners Panel November 2022 (PDF, 197KB)
- Read the minutes from the Home Owners Panel October 2022 (PDF, 180KB)
- Read the minutes from the Home Owners Panel July 2022 (PDF, 150KB)
- Read the minutes from the Home Owners Panel May 2022 (PDF, 170KB)
If you would like older minutes please email Customer Involvement.