Posted on 15 May 2023
Investing in homes is important to us. Each year we spend millions on improving and decorating existing homes. Planning and carrying out these works is a huge undertaking, with the programme spanning many years, but it’s amazing to see the results.
Investment in numbers
Between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023 we spent £27.5m, which is a 29% increase on 2021-22.
In total we:
- Redecorated 1,774 buildings, affecting 4,251 households
- Improved the energy efficiency of 320 homes, affecting 469 households
- Replaced 531 kitchens and bathrooms, affecting 607 households
- Replaced windows and/or doors to 875 buildings, affecting 1,450 households.
- Replaced 167 roofs, affecting 928 households
- Carried out 166 pieces of external work, estate improvements and major communal repairs, affecting 1,397 households
- Completed 20 special projects, affecting 766 households.
It looks like it’s going to be even busier in 2023-24 and we’re spending even more money to improve the condition and energy efficiency of your homes. There’s also a huge number of large-scale projects to deliver.
Luke Driscoll, Asset Management and Sustainability Director said: “It’s been a huge team effort to get these delivered to the benefit of our customers, and we’re looking forward to continuing the progress this year.”