- Find yourself someone to swap homes with. There are many ways to find someone who wants to swap with you, but we recommend registering for one of two free websites that we’re members of:
The more information about your property, and photographs, that you provide, the more interest you’ll receive from other tenants who want to exchange.
- Make the initial request by filling out our online form. We’ll respond to you within five working days to discuss further.
- You’ll then fill out a more thorough application form that covers everything we need to know. The person you’ve agreed to swap with will be doing something similar for their landlord (which could still be Hyde). Please note that if it’s another landlord and not Hyde, this could affect the timings of the process.
- Once the full application is approved, there are lots of checks and assessments that need to happen before consent to exchange is given. This is to make sure that each home is suitable and safe. We have 42 days to complete these checks. An Officer at Hyde will make the arrangements and oversee all steps.
- Once you have full permission, we need to arrange a move in date. There’s still some final checks and paperwork and we need to work around different schedules, so this is usually about 35 days from the final approval, but could be more.
- Move into your new home.
Our online flyer explains the process in more detail:
Exchanging homes with another tenant (PDF, 84KB)
You shouldn’t make any arrangements to move in until you have received written approval from us. You must not exchange your home without permission. If you do, you may have to move back.