If you think you have a pest problem or have seen evidence in your home or communal area please contact us. Please remember, it is your responsibility to keep your home clean, in good condition and free of rubbish that could attract pests. If you fail to do this we could recharge you for dealing with pests in your home. You can follow our top tips for keeping your home pest-free.
Top tips for keeping your home pest-free
- Wipe kitchen surfaces and floors regularly to remove any traces of food, especially after preparing or eating a meal
- Clean up food spills immediately
- Don’t leave food (including pet food) or dirty dishes out, particularly overnight
- Store food in sealed containers
- Make sure rubbish is in a bin bag and throw it away in your bin or bin store
- Keep your garden tidy (eg don’t leave any rubbish and old furniture out) to reduce the chance of mice and rats nesting
- Feed birds using a table or a feeder off the ground, out of the reach of mice and rats
- Seal holes around pipework with filler (eg wire wool with mastic sealer)
- Be a good neighbour: Keep communal areas on your estate clean and pick up any rubbish (particularly food).