Posted on 21 March 2022
Debt. A simple word. But it can feel like a sentence.
This week, starting 21 March, is Debt Awareness Week. Owing money can be very stressful. Thankfully, there’s a lot of help available if you want to get out of debt. If you’re struggling with your rent payments, please do get in touch with your Income Officer right away. Or simply call us on 0800 3 282 282 and select option 3.
Read some recent examples of How our experts can help you with your rent arrears.
“Catherine from Hyde was absolutely fantastic. She helped me every step of the way. She supported us in getting a discretionary housing payment that helped ease the pressure.” Tanya, Hyde customer.
There are also many ways you can help yourself. From budgeting tools that we’ve created, to expert advice from other sources, like the Money saving expert.
- Benefit calculator
- Our award winning Universal Credit helper
- Personal budgeting sheet
- Budgeting tool developed in partnership with Entitledto
Other ways to get help
- Step Change have more than 25 years’ experience providing practical debt solutions
- Citizens Advice (previously Citizens Advice Bureau) are an independent organisation specialising in confidential advice on subjects like debt advice or managing your bills. They have their own online budgeting tool
- National Energy Action is the national charity working to end fuel poverty in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. They can provide advice and up to date information about rising energy prices
- Money saving expert has lots of advice and tools, as well as news and information on a range of subjects that could help your decision making
- Debt Free London provides free, independent and expert support on all kinds of money worries, including debt as a result of health difficulties
- Debt advice line is a government approved helpline for tackling your debt.
You can also visit our Help with rent arrears and benefits page for more tips and advice.