Social tenants will now have access to the Shared Ownership model.
If you meet the criteria, you can purchase between 10% and 75% of your home. Some properties are exempt from the scheme, and you may not be eligible, for example, if you’re in rent arrears.
The new scheme only applies to ‘new build’ properties, meaning properties built under the affordable homes programme.
Full details can be found on the Government website.
How to apply
You must first talk to us to make sure your property is eligible. To get started, email [email protected] with your name and address. We’ll then guide you through the rest of the process that includes an application form, and a face-to-face interview.
If you’re not eligible for the Right to Shared Ownership scheme, you may still be eligible for Right to Buy or Right to Acquire.
- Right to Shared Ownership - Own Your Home - Own Your Home
- Right to Shared Ownership: buying a share of your rented home: How to apply - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- The Right to Shared Ownership: A guide for tenants (publishing.service.gov.uk)
- The Right to Shared Ownership: A guide for tenants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Notice claiming the Right to Shared Ownership (RtSO1 form) (publishing.service.gov.uk)