Moving in to your new Hyde home
The first day that you move in, take meter readings for your gas, electricity and water and contact your supplier to tell them your meter reading.
You are responsible for insuring your possessions, including carpets, curtains and flooring. There are many policies available, find out more about low cost home contents insurance.
Moving out of your home - ending your tenancy
If you wish to end your tenancy, you'll need to give us four clear weeks notice in writing (tenancy agreements may vary - always check your agreement for details). You must also:
- contact us to get the forms you need
- allow us access to inspect your home before your tenancy ends for any repairs and viewings
- ensure your keys are returned to us (if not we may charge you for this)
- make sure your rent account is paid up to the date when your tenancy ends
- arrange removal of all your belongings and rubbish from the home and garden – if you do not do this we may charge you for it
- repair or pay for any damages you have in any way caused
- leave behind your gas or electricity key cards (if you have one)
- tell the Post Office, your Council Tax office and your gas, electricity, water and any benefit providers.
Finding a new home
There are a number of options available to you if you want to move home. These include swapping your home via mutual exchange or joining a local council-run choice-based letting scheme or local housing waiting list. See our find a home pages for details.
If you are looking for social housing, then you'll need to register with your local council as we do not operate a direct waiting list.