Moving in to your new Hyde home
When you move into your new home, you can expect that we will ensure it meets certain standards.
The first day that you move in, take meter readings for your gas, electricity and water and contact your supplier to tell them your meter reading.
You are responsible for insuring your possessions, including carpets, curtains and flooring. There are many policies available, such as the My Home scheme for low cost home contents insurance.
- Our data sharing agreement 2018 (PDF, 169KB)
Please contact us with any queries.
If you wish to end your tenancy, you'll need to give us four clear weeks notice in writing by completing our online notice to quit form.
Notice will be taken as follows - either four weeks from the date you advise us of your notice to quit (monthly tenancies), or from the Monday following advice of notice to quit (for weekly tenancies). Tenancy agreements may vary - always check your individual agreement for details.
Moving out - action you must take
We expect the property to be left in a good, clear and clean condition to enable us to quickly make the property ready for someone in need of a home to move into. You will be liable for recharge costs, if you do not leave the home in the standard we expect.
- allow us access to inspect your home before your tenancy ends for any repairs and viewings
- ensure all keys are returned to us including window keys, fobs, communal door keys, letterbox keys (if not we may charge you for this)
- make sure your rent and other sundry accounts are paid up to the date when your tenancy ends
- arrange removal of all your belongings and rubbish from the home, loft space (if applicable) and garden
- remove all carpet, underlay and wooden laminate flooring (except if we agreed for the flooring to stay at the moving home assessment)
- repair or pay for any damages you have in any way caused
- leave behind your gas or electricity key cards (if you have one)
- tell the Post Office, your Council Tax office and your gas, electricity, water and any benefit providers
- confirm who the utility providers are to Hyde and provide the meter serial numbers (you can enter these on the 'notice to quit' form). You'll be able to find the serial numbers on the front of your meters, engraved into the meter box or printed on a sticker attached to the meter box. The meter serial number usually contains a combination of numbers and letters.
Complete the online notice to quit form
Finding a new home
There are a number of options available to you if you want to move home. These include swapping your home via mutual exchange or joining a local council-run choice-based letting scheme or local housing waiting list. See our find a home pages for details or take a look through our featured properties.