What are my responsibilities as a tenant?
Your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, and our responsibilities to you as landlord are set in your tenancy agreement. These will include the following:
- Paying your rent and any other charges on time
- Allowing access for safety checks (such as annual gas check) and repairs
- Ensuring that you, your family and visitors do not cause nuisance or annoyance to other people living in the local area (find out more about antisocial behaviour)
- Keeping the inside of your home clean and in good condition (see full list of Repairs responsibilities)
- Keeping all shared areas clear of rubbish and obstructions