Skip to main content

Helping Hand - Money advice and support

We want all our customers to know, that we’re more than just a landlord. We’re here to help.

Research shows that falling into rent arrears is often unavoidable, and due to factors such as fluctuating income, or large unexpected costs. It’s our priority to help you remain in your home and thrive. That includes helping you with financial advice and support.

We’re your helping hand for making sure you’re getting all the right financial benefits, navigating Universal Credit, and managing your money.

​If you’re in need of any specialist assistance, please contact us as soon as possible.

Find out more about:

Money management

Energy and utilities

Mental health

Jobs and training advice

Our latest Helping Hand news

Money management

There are lots of ways you can help yourself, and other places that can provide free debt advice and assistance. From budgeting tools that we’ve created, to expert advice from other sources, like the Money saving expert.

MyAccount is our free, safe and secure online tool that can help you manage your rent account. You can easily view your rent balance and make payments. 

Hyde Helping Hand

The best way to let us help, is to talk to us. However, here are some tools we've created that you might find useful:

What else is out there?

  • Citizens Advice (previously Citizens Advice Bureau) are an independent organisation specialising in confidential advice on subjects like debt advice or managing your bills. They have their own online budgeting tool

  • Step Change have more than 25 years’ experience providing practical debt solutions

  • National Energy Action is the national charity working to end fuel poverty in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. They can provide advice and up to date information about rising energy prices

  • Money saving expert has lots of advice and tools, as well as news and information on a range of subjects that could help your decision making

  • Debt Free London provides free, independent and expert support on all kinds of money worries, including debt as a result of health difficulties

  • Money Helper is a government approved helpline for tackling your debt.

Return to top

Energy and utilities

Energy costs have risen significantly recently and you may have seen your bills go up. Many local councils have put together support packages to help. Make sure to contact yours to apply for any money that’s available to you. Find out how to contact your local council on GOV.UK. Also, your energy supplier may be offering advice or money. Make sure to contact them too.

More advice on energy saving and places to apply for relief:

Return to top

Debt advice

Being in debt can be very stressful, and feeling like we’re not in control can be overwhelming, and extremely damaging to our mental health. Here as some quick tips:

  • Do a budget to work out how much you’re able to pay

  • Make a list of who you owe money to

  • Contact the most important creditors to set a payment plan. Rent is the most important thing to pay and we’re happy to work out a payment plan that you can afford. It’s our priority to keep you in your home

If you work from home because the organisation you work for doesn't have offices for you to work in, you can claim tax relief. It’s a simple process through the GOV.UK website. You can claim even if you only work one day from home.

Return to top

Helping Hand news: