How we aim to put things right following your complaint
We will always aim to put things right if we have got something wrong.
We will of course always look to:
- Say sorry
- Provide an explanation or more information
- Action any decisions to carry out our repairs responsibilities
- Use lessons learned to improve a service
- Arrange training or guidance for staff
Our main aim is to resolve the complaint through practical solutions and fixing any issues.
Each complaint is considered on its individual merits and compensation claims are administered in line with The Hyde Group's compensation policy.
Compensation will only be paid for exceptional upset or inconvenience
- Customers do not have an automatic right to compensation
- We do not escalate a complaint based on a request for increased compensation
The Hyde Group will not make compensation payments which are:
- The fault of a third party such as a utility company (such as electricity, water, gas)
- Beyond our control (for example, severe weather) or where we have told customers in advance that a particular service or function will not be available
- Subject to tribunal or legal proceedings
Claims for damage to your personal belongings will need to be claimed on your home contents insurance policy. Hyde has negotiated premiums on behalf of our residents find out more about affordable home contents insurance for residents.
If you feel that the Hyde Group is liable and you wish to make a claim; then please contact us.