How we aim to put things right following your complaint
We will of course always look to:
- Say sorry
- Provide an explanation or more information.
- Use lessons learned to improve a service.
- Arrange training or guidance for staff.
Compensation payments may be paid at the discretion of service managers and senior managers. There is no automatic right to compensation.
Compensation payments may be offered where:
- We have failed to deliver a service to the advertised standard.
- In recognition of the time and trouble taken by the customer to log the complaint.
- In recognition of distress and inconvenience experienced by the customer.
- To reflect where a customer has suffered a loss as a result of a service failure by us.
We do not pay compensation for loss of earnings.
We will not make compensation payments which are:
- The fault of a third party such as a utility company (for example electricity, water or gas)
- Beyond our control (for example severe weather) or where we have told customers in advance a service or function will not be available
- Subject to tribunal or legal proceedings
Claims for damage to your personal belongings should be claimed for on your home contents insurance policy.
We advise our residents to insure their home contents. We have negotiated favourable premiums for our residents. Find out more about affordable home contents insurance for residents.
If you feel we are liable for damage and you wish to make a claim, then please contact us.