We’ve made some good progress against the goals of our Energy and Sustainability Strategy 2020-22, improving the energy efficiency of thousands of homes and reducing our operational impact. We’ve also supported customers with energy advice and financial support and will continue to do so, particularly as many people struggle to heat their homes due to rising energy bills.
Delivering energy-efficient homes
- 72.5% of homes at EPC band C (2020: 65.6%)
- £19.7m invested in making 7,052 homes more energy-efficient
- 1,074 energy-efficient homes built
- Cavity wall insulation installed in 999 homes through Energy Company Obligation funding.
Reducing our operational impact
- 7% reduction in carbon impact from our fleet
- 5% reduction in carbon impact from energy used in our offices
- 2% reduction in carbon impact from work-related travel through blended home and office working
- 3% reduction in our total energy use
- 29% reduction in indirect (Scope 3) carbon emissions from our grey fleet (vehicles we don’t own).
- 212 customers were given energy advice
- 8% reduction in carbon impact from energy used by customers
- 1,269 customers were given fuel vouchers.