Despite the increasing financial pressures on social housing providers and our customers, our underlying approach to value for money (VFM) remains unchanged – it’s embedded in everything we do. Our three objectives are to ensure:
- Our core strategies and transformation programme deliver better homes and services to customers, smarter ways of working and good value over the long term
- The principles of ‘better for customers, smarter for colleagues, good value for everyone’ are embedded in our operational plans and ways of working
- We understand our performance in relation to value for money and where we can improve.
These objectives are underpinned by the principles of:
- Effectiveness: Better for customers: the extent to which objectives are achieved and the relationship between intended and actual impacts
- Efficiency: Smarter for colleagues: the relationship between the output from goods or services and the resources to produce them
- Economy: Good value for everyone: minimising the cost of resources used while having a regard to quality.