We do not operate a direct waiting list - you'll need to register with the local authority for the area you wish to move to, or sign up with Home Hunt. The local authority will then consider your application, and provide you with a priority banding depending on your personal circumstances. You can then bid on the properties you are eligible for.
London residents can also participate in the Mayor of London's housing mobility scheme Housing Moves which allows tenants of London boroughs or housing associations to move outside their existing borough to a different part of London.
Read our full allocations and lettings policy (PDF 343KB) to find out about our approach to the allocation and letting of our social rent, affordable rent and affordable homes, and the options available to people who want to live in a Hyde Group property.
We are committed to supporting all local authorities with their homeless duty, by offering properties that have failed to be allocated via the local authority housing and allocation policy.
As part of this commitment we will be using HomeHunt, which is similar to a choice base lettings website to help manage our hard to let properties. This system will give the public who are unable to access the housing register the option to find an affordable home. HomeHunt is owned by Housing Partners who also own Homeswapper and Jigsaw.
- It is free to applicants.
- It uses local connection criteria, so shortlists will be prioritised based on set criteria.
- It helps reduce homeless in the area.
- It helps to reduce the number of empty properties in the area.
- It can help reduce the number of people on the housing register.
- Many other social landlords are also using Homehunt, which increases the number of properties available for applicants to bid on.
What are the next steps?
- You will need to register with HomeHunt .
- Registration is quick and easy. You will be asked a few questions to get started, including what size property they are after, the area they want to be and their household details.
- Homehunt will inform the you when your application has been successful.
- You will then be able to bid on properties that meet your needs.
Intermediate market rent is designed to help potential first-time buyers who cannot yet afford to buy a home, but want the chance to save for a deposit to purchase a home within the next five years.
It gives you the opportunity to rent a brand new or refurbished home, or a home that is being re-let at less than the market rate. The rent charged is normally approximately 20% lower than what you would expect to pay for a similar home in a similar area if you were renting from a private landlord.
Find out more about intermediate rent on our Hyde New Homes website.
Find out how the London Living Rent is helping Londoners who earn a decent wage, but can’t get on the property ladder.