How to keep you and your home safe
Unless gas appliances are serviced regularly they can become dangerous and can kill. If your gas appliance has not been checked for 12 months it may be unsafe and you may also be in breach of your lease.
- Make sure you have an annual gas safety check.
- Check for warning signs your appliances aren’t working correctly eg lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home. Our gas engineers are able to supply these when they arrive to complete your gas safety check.
- Never carry out any gas works yourself. Always use a Gas Safe registered engineer.