Hydewide Residents Voice (HRV) is Hyde’s most senior level residents’ group. It works closely with the Directors of Service, scrutinising Hyde-wide performance and finding opportunities for improvement. It also influences decision making that affects resident services and oversees resident-led inspections of services.
HRV consists of up to 15 residents who monitor and scrutinise housing performance submitted by services within The Hyde Group. They are mostly residents who rent homes from Hyde, but they do have one Home Owner representative and a space for an independent member. They link directly to Hyde’s governance structure through the Chair and co-opted Vice chair (Chair of HRE) attending Group Housing Services Board.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. HRV held their first formal meeting of 2018 in London on 13 March.
Key topics of discussion were;
- Hyde’s approach to supporting vulnerable residents to successfully manage their tenancies and access services. There were also discussions about plans to work more closely with contractors to share relevant vulnerability data, as this had been highlighted in recent HRE inspections.
- Hyde’s resident engagement strategy and a proposal for increasing opportunities for residents to feedback. It was agreed further discussion and a wider consultation was needed.
- HRE’s recent inspection of communication within the Empty Homes and Letting services and the recently completed inspection of Heating and Hot Water repairs.
- HRV’s plan for collating their collaborative resident view on relevant housing themes, ie affordable housing. HRV discussed how they can ensure that their priorities around these key issues are taken forward and considered within Hyde’s management and governance structure.
Minutes from previous meetings
- Read the stock tour walkabout report 17 January 2018 (PDF, 112KB).
- Read the full minutes of the July 2017 meeting (PDF, 190KB).
- Read the full minutes of the March 2017 meeting (PDF, 63KB).
- Read the full minutes of the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 42KB).
- Q & A from the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 258KB).
- Read the full minutes of the July 2016 meeting (PDF, 159KB).
- Read the full minutes of the June 2016 meeting (PDF, 166KB).