Hydewide Residents Voice (HRV) is Hyde’s most senior level residents’ group. It works closely with the Directors of Service, scrutinising Hyde-wide performance and finding opportunities for improvement. It also influences decision making that affects resident services and oversees resident-led inspections of services.
HRV consists of up to 15 residents who monitor and scrutinise housing performance submitted by services within the Hyde Group. They are mostly residents who rent homes from Hyde, but they do have one Home Owner representative and a space for an independent member. They link directly to Hyde’s governance structure through the Chair and co-opted Vice chair (Chair of HRE) attending Group Housing Services Board.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Key items from last HRV meeting
HRV’s last meeting on 7 November 2018 was a joint meeting with Hyde’s Group Housing Services Board (GHSB). GHSB is responsible for overseeing all of Hyde’s housing services. Here is a summary of the discussion:
Social Housing Green paper
HRV highlighted the proposed grading system for housing associations and the idea of league tables. The 2 groups discussed what their priorities would be for grading performance, with HRV emphasising the importance of Hyde genuinely prioritising improved services to residents and raising satisfaction.
HRV shared concerns around the levels of development that Hyde are building for sale rather than genuine social rent. They were reassured to hear that future development plans include much more provision for affordable rented properties and were invited to an additional session to look at the funding process behind Hyde’s development plans.
Relationship between GHSB and HRV
The two groups shared the positive benefits they feel that working together achieves and discussed ideas for how resident issues could be escalated more effectively in the future. GHSB thanked HRV and HRE in particular for the excellent recommendations that have come out of previous service inspections.
Service priorities for 2018/19
HRV confirmed that they identified three priority services that they are challenging Hyde for improvement this year. These priority services are in relation to complaints, fire safety and contractor monitoring. Service charges and property management were discussed as being possible areas for focus for next year.
Minutes from previous meetings
- Read the full minutes of the October 2018 meeting (PDF, 191KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2018 meeting (PDF, 268KB)
- Read the full minutes of the May 2018 meeting (PDF, 171KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2018 meeting (PDF, 178KB)
- Read the stock tour walkabout report 17 January 2018 (PDF, 112KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2017 meeting (PDF, 190KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2017 meeting (PDF, 63KB)
- Read the full minutes of the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 42KB)
- Q & A from the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 258KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2016 meeting (PDF, 159KB)
- Read the full minutes of the June 2016 meeting (PDF, 166KB)