Hydewide Residents Voice (HRV) are resident volunteers who work in partnership with Hyde’s senior managers. They look closely at Hyde’s services and find ways for these to be improved for everyone. In the last few weeks HRV have held three meetings to talk about Hyde’s services.
As face-to-face meetings are currently not possible due to the coronavirus pandemic, HRV are now holding their meetings online. They are supporting Hyde through this difficult time with feedback on services and guidance for communications.
For more information about HRV including information about how to join, contact the Resident Engagement team on email@example.com.
Meeting with Group Housing Services Board
This meeting looked at Hyde’s response to the coronavirus lockdown earlier in the year and the good practice that could continue to be used. This included clear and regular communication about what was happening, virtual sessions so that residents could talk to staff and good partnership working between residents and staff to make the above happen.
Formal HRV meeting 22 September 2020
The group received a report about the repairs service had coped during coronavirus restrictions and since, an update on how customers had been consulted about services and the recommendations from the recent Resident Inspection of grounds maintenance and cleaning services. Key discussion point were:
- The repairs service had managed well and there was no backlog of repairs and following the lifting of restrictions the service was back to normal.
- HRV wanted to know about the continued use of PPE and especially face masks. These would be used by all operatives when visiting sheltered and older persons’ schemes. In all other cases it would depend on the work being done.
- In the last 6 months 100 residents had taken part in virtual meetings, 1,600 had completed surveys about how to improve services, 26,000 had received an email bulletin providing feedback about activities and service improvements, and 5,500 were sent this in the post.
- Activities included; an inspection of grounds Maintenance and cleaning services, choosing new kitchen and bathroom contractors and Hyde’s reception services.
Meeting to review Hyde’s Environmental and Sustainability strategy
Members discussed the draft with staff from Property Services, key points by HRV were:
- Importance of minimising disruption for residents during building work to meet regulatory targets for carbon emissions, for example carry out work alongside existing planned repairs
- Importance of emphasising the benefits to residents in communications, for example reduced heating costs, improvements to buildings, training and advice about how to save energy and costs
- Make sure leaseholders know what their obligations are when making changes to their homes.
Minutes from previous meetings
- Read the full minutes of the 12 May 2020 meeting (PDF, 156KB)
- Read the full minutes of the 22 April 2020 meeting (PDF, 145KB)
- Read the full minutes of the 15 April 2020 meeting (PDF, 146KB)
- Read the full minutes of the 8 April 2020 meeting (PDF, 150KB)
- Read the full minutes of the 24 March and 1 April 2020 meetings (PDF, 153KB)
- Read the full minutes of the November 2019 meeting (PDF, 94KB)
- Read the full minutes of the September 2019 meeting (PDF, 89KB)
- Read the full minutes of the May 2019 meeting (PDF, 275KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2019 meeting (PDF, 189KB)
- Read the full minutes of the January 2019 meeting (PDF, 182KB)
- Read the full minutes of the October 2018 meeting (PDF, 191KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2018 meeting (PDF, 268KB)
- Read the full minutes of the May 2018 meeting (PDF, 171KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2018 meeting (PDF, 178KB)
- Read the stock tour walkabout report 17 January 2018 (PDF, 112KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2017 meeting (PDF, 190KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2017 meeting (PDF, 63KB)
- Read the full minutes of the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 42KB)
- Q & A from the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 258KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2016 meeting (PDF, 159KB)
- Read the full minutes of the June 2016 meeting (PDF, 166KB)