Hydewide Residents Voice (HRV) is Hyde’s most senior level residents’ group. It works closely with the Directors of Service, scrutinising performance and finding opportunities for improvement. It influences decision making that affects resident services and oversees resident-led inspections of services.
HRV has a mix of residents who rent homes from Hyde, homeowners and shared owners. There is space on the group for an independent member. They link directly to Hyde’s governance structure through the Chair and co-opted Vice-chair (Chair of HRE) attending Group Housing Services Board.
HRV’s last meeting – 21 January 2020
Summary of the key discussion points:
Performance information – members looked at the current performance and customer satisfaction information provided about Hyde’s services to residents. Their key aim was to agree a list so they could use to give a good indication of which services were doing well and which weren’t. HRV are also keen to review the performance information on Hyde’s website to make sure it covers what residents want and this review has been agreed.
Estate Services – members had a report about the current grounds maintenance and cleaning services being provided to residents living on estates and schemes. They raised concerns that the service was inconsistent with some residents getting a good service but some not. They felt better and more regular inspections would help improve the standards for everyone and that residents should be routinely involved in the inspections.
HRV also had an update on the current resident inspections of communal repairs and complaints and an overview of Governance activities from the Company Secretary.
Full minutes of this meeting will be available below once they are agreed by attendees.
HRV are recruiting: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you might be interested in joining.
HRV’s Priorities for 2019-20
HRV have prioritised key services they would like to see improved. Discussion on these will be reflected in meeting agenda items, questions they ask of Group Housing Services Board, Hyde service managers and feedback from residents.
HRV's priorities are:
- Fire safety: that Hyde meets all its commitments and legal requirements for fire safety and makes sure residents are kept aware of any changes to the service they receive.
- Complaints: that Hyde acknowledges complaints, resolves them quickly and learns from them. Involved residents should have an overview of complaints and performance.
- Communication: This needs to be proactive, not just transactional or when Hyde wants something from residents and HRV’s priority is that Hyde manages residents’ expectations by making them aware of changes to services.
- Responsive repairs: that repairs should be seamless, timely and to a good consistent standard across all regions, right first time with one contact only.
HRV’s shared views are:
Vulnerability: HRV believe that Hyde must be aware of and understand residents’ needs which affect their ability to access Hyde services and tailor their approach accordingly.
Affordability of new homes: HRV believe that Hyde, as a social landlord, should continue to build and retain subsidised (social rent) homes.
Minutes from previous meetings
- Read the full minutes of the November 2019 meeting (PDF, 94KB)
- Read the full minutes of the September 2019 meeting (PDF, 89KB)
- Read the full minutes of the May 2019 meeting (PDF, 275KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2019 meeting (PDF, 189KB)
- Read the full minutes of the January 2019 meeting (PDF, 182KB)
- Read the full minutes of the October 2018 meeting (PDF, 191KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2018 meeting (PDF, 268KB)
- Read the full minutes of the May 2018 meeting (PDF, 171KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2018 meeting (PDF, 178KB)
- Read the stock tour walkabout report 17 January 2018 (PDF, 112KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2017 meeting (PDF, 190KB)
- Read the full minutes of the March 2017 meeting (PDF, 63KB)
- Read the full minutes of the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 42KB)
- Q & A from the September 2016 meeting (PDF, 258KB)
- Read the full minutes of the July 2016 meeting (PDF, 159KB)
- Read the full minutes of the June 2016 meeting (PDF, 166KB)