Hydewide Residents Eye (HRE) – our resident-led inspection committee – have now completed their inspection of our grounds maintenance and cleaning contracts. The result of this inspection will be a set of recommendations for improvements they feel need to be made to these services.
The activities that have taken place to collect evidence and feedback as part of this inspection included:
- estate/block inspection visits
- door knocking
- website analysis
- a quality of service survey
- staff focus groups and staff interviews.
All activities were completed independently by residents, with Resident Engagement staff helping to co-ordinate. View our inspection infographic by clicking on the image.
What was the aim?
- To see how the new contracts are going.
- To ensure residents' feedback is listened to.
- To check residents know what to expect from their contractors and services.
- The inspection looked at six Grounds Maintenance and Communal Cleaning contractors in all three regions.
- The inspection was resident led, and carried out by residents, with 15 residents carrying out site inspections, visiting 36 different estates in 10 locations.
- Fourteen staff took part in interviews and focus groups.
Progress so far
- 856 responses from 745 residents.
- 566 online surveys completed.
- 177 face to face door step discussions.
- 26 people fed back about the website.
- 40 Oak post about the inspection.
- 38 new Oak users.
We are hugely grateful to everyone who has supported with this huge inspection. Here is a summary of how we gained all the fantastic feedback we have during this inspection.
There will be a monthly inspection updates on The OAK, as well as ongoing consultation with residents through informal forum threads and task and finish exercises. These will involve residents in making sure that the inspection outcomes are achieved.
For more information about HRE’s resident inspections please contact the Resident Engagement Team on email@example.com.