Hydewide Residents Eye (HRE) is Hyde's resident-led inspection committee. Each year they inspect our services to see whether anything can be improved for residents.
HRE will be inspecting the following Hyde services in 2020-21:
- Grounds Maintenance and Communal Cleaning (including bulk cleaning)
- Estates Management (including estate inspections)
- Responsive Repairs or Defects
- Aids and Adaptations or Complaints
All about resident inspections
What do the inspections achieve?
Read about just some of the amazing improvements that have been made because of resident inspections here.
Which services are inspected and why?
At the start of the financial year, HRE look at how well services have performed the previous year and what residents have said in their feedback. They then agree a programme of inspections for the coming year.
How are the inspections done?
Inspections are carried out by a team of resident inspectors. Inspection activities can include: looking at performance information, surveys, reviewing documents, interviews, mystery shopping and work shadowing of staff. Inspectors aim to find out how well the service is doing and what could be done to improve things for residents.
What happens after the inspection?
Each inspection results in a report, which includes residents’ recommendations for how the service could be improved. Hyde staff carry out the improvements and report back to residents. Some inspection recommendations are also monitored by Hyde’s Group Housing Services Board.
How can I get involved?
You can take part in future inspections – there are activities to suit everyone, from completing a quick survey to joining the inspection committee. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the summary reports from some of HRE’s previous inspections:
- Complaints Inspection summary report - 2020 (PDF, 182KB)
- Communal Repairs - November 2019 (PDF, 124KB)
- Ready for Regulation (Resident Engagement) - May 2019 (PDF, 216KB)
- Communications to residents - Late 2018
- Fire Safety - August 2018
- Service Charges - May 2018
- Heating and hot water repairs - March 2018
- Empty homes and lettings - December 2017
- Antisocial behaviour - September 2017
- Cleaning and grounds maintenance - June 2017