Skip to main content

Improvements and adaptations

Home improvements

You must request our written permission before carrying out any type of improvement to your home such as putting up a satellite dish, replacing a kitchen or changing the electric fittings.

You will need to tell us:

  • details of the work that you want to do
  • that you have obtained the relevant planning permission (if required)
  • who will be doing the work.

We need to make sure they are suitably qualified. If the work causes any damage, you will have to pay for the repairs. We can offer advice and guidance on different types of home improvements. Please contact us for more information.

Disability aids and adaptations

If you are disabled or have serious health issues we may be able to adapt your home so you can live in it safely and independently. If you would like to find out more on this please see our aids and adaptations page, or contact us.