The days are getting colder and shorter, and we are all wrapping up with the arrival of winter. The winter season is when our contractors focus on preparing for the warmer Spring months.
Here are a few of the things you can expect to see our estate services team doing over the next following months:
- Clearing of leaves
- Pruning and dead heading of plants – this encourages growth in Spring
- Cutting back of hedges, over-hanging shrubs and bushes
- Sweeping pavement edges
- Removal of ivy on tress and buildings
- Mulching of beds to suppress any weed growth
- Snow and ice clearance when necessary for our sheltered and supported schemes.
Please note that planting will take place in the Spring or late Autumn.