Skip to main content

Subletting your home

If you are a homeowner and you would like to rent your home to someone else, this is called subletting. You are required to register all sublets with us.

If you wish to sublet your property you need to send us the following in order for us to register the sublet:

  • A completed sublet registration form
  • A copy of the tenancy agreement with your tenant
  • A copy of the current gas safety certificate
  • A registration fee of £155 (incl VAT). You can pay this over the phone using your credit or debit card.
  • Please note, that the registration requirements applies whether the property is sublet to an individual or to an organisation such as a company, a registered landlord or a housing association.

If an existing tenancy agreement with your tenant is renewed, you will not need to pay a further registration fee. In this case, we only require a copy of the renewal of the tenancy and a copy of the current gas safety certificate.

If you are subletting your property, you assume landlord responsibilities and you must be aware of your legal obligations.

Shared ownership homeowners

If you own a shared ownership property, under the terms of your lease, you are not permitted to sublet your property.

Can't find it?