We want our social media pages to be a source of useful information to keep you safe and well in your home, update you on what’s happening at Hyde, answer your questions and deal with any complaints. Our social media community should reflect a wide range of interests and be helpful to all our followers, so we encourage everyone to engage with us in a constructive way.
We update and monitor our social media pages Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) between 9am and 5pm and aim to respond to enquiries within 24 hours. In an emergency, please call 0800 3 282 282. You can also contact us online.
We want to create a supportive social media community where everyone has an equal opportunity to express their comments and opinions and request or share advice freely, so we have a few house rules which we ask everyone to follow. We look forward to hearing your views and feedback.
- Be kind and polite. Please treat others as you would like to be treated and be respectful of other people’s opinions. We understand you may sometimes be frustrated with an issue, but we will not tolerate rudeness towards our staff. Note that Facebook posts containing bad language are automatically deleted by our social media filter.
- Be respectful. Abusive or offensive language, aggression and bullying are not allowed. Any derogatory comments made about residents’ or employees’ gender, ethnicity or other protected characteristics under the Equality Act will not be tolerated, and negative comments naming individual members of staff are not allowed. You must not contact our employees directly via their personal social media profiles – please always use our official contact channels.
- Keep to the point. Please keep comments relevant to the original topic. We are aware that sometimes things go wrong, but please don’t make repeated negative postings in order to provoke a response. You can find out about our complaints process on our web page.
- Protect yourself. Please don’t post any personal information publicly (such as email address, phone number, home address). To safeguard your privacy, we will only request that you send personal details via direct message and will remove any personally identifying information from our public timelines on Facebook, or ask you to remove these on Twitter.
- Facts first. Please don’t post any false claims or misleading information about Hyde, or our employees or contractors.
- No campaigning or advertising. Our social media pages are designed for customers to discuss subjects relating to Hyde. Adverts or content with overtly political or religious bias intended to incite others will be removed. This includes lobbying over a particular subject.
- Keep it constructive. We are happy for you to share your opinions on our service, but ask that any criticisms and feedback remain constructive and focus on a subject that we can act on or respond to.
We may take action if a user continues to ignore the above guidelines, or if we receive complaints from customers or employees, or see inappropriate or offensive material posted to our social media accounts. This may include deleting comments, blocking users or reporting comments as appropriate, but we will always offer alternative ways to contact us.