Posted on 08 March 2019
International Women's Day (8 March) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The campaign theme for 2019 is #BalanceforBetter - a call to action for driving gender balance across the world.
Now is a great time in history to do everything possible to help forge a more gender-balanced world. Gender and race equality has come a long way, but there's still much more to be achieved.
Here at Hyde we’re helping to forge a balance for better by:
- Promoting and encouraging female members of staff to become a part of our Women’s Network, Hyde Aspire. This network hosts regular inspiring sessions and workshops, and is well attended by our female employees.
- Reinforcing a talent programme monitored to ensure women are represented accordingly.
- Raising awareness for recruiting managers and introducing information about unconscious bias into training.
- Introducing a requirement for all shortlists to contain a mix of male and female candidates, and that they are as ethnically diverse as possible (ie an extension of the Rooney Rule)
We're also helping to close our gender pay gap by:
- Analysing starting salaries and in-year pay increases by gender.
- Promoting talent programme opportunities to women and BAME employees identified in the wider talent pool
- Promoting our career builder tool specifically though Hyde’s Women’s Network and continuing to use this network to encourage women to develop their own careers so they can reach those higher paying roles.