Posted on 11 October 2016
The week commencing 3 October Hyde joined in the celebrations for National Customer Services week, with its two contact centres in Chichester and Lewisham taking part in a host of events designed to celebrate the excellent work they deliver on a daily basis.
A large number of senior managers and Directors from across the business visited the teams and spent time listening directly to customer calls. Senior managers were impressed with the professionalism of the customer service teams. Director of Business Improvement, Paul Singleton said “It was really useful and interesting to spend time alongside a skilled Customer Service professional. The range of callers and subject matters is always an eye opener and there is a great sense of commitment to good service.”
Each area also held local awards to champion those delivering an outstanding service to our customers. In Lewisham Customer Service Officer (CSO) Paula, won CSO of the year, while in Chichester Rebecca Franklin was recognised for taking the most calls in one day and Sharon Errington-Johnson was awarded CSO legend for September, for all-round excellent service to customers. Other awards recognised the value of cross-team working with recognition for most helpful department and most helpful contractor.
Teams also acknowledged the role the weather plays in their everyday work, by decorating their bank of desks with weather themes. The week finished with a cultural day on Friday where staff came in national costumes and brought in traditional dishes to share with colleagues at lunchtime. There was also entertainment from two CSO’s in the form of Ugandan dancing.
Director of Core Operations David Morrissey said: “It has been a great week for staff in Customer Services who do an excellent job on the frontline helping our customers. Satisfaction with our services remains high at 95% and it has been nice to celebrate this success, as well as give other managers around the business first-hand experience of what they do every day.”
Here are a final few words of feedback on our services from the most important people we deal with, our customers….
The lady who I spoke to today was very, very good, she's excellent.
- The call was handled excellently by a lady called Lydia and I'm very satisfied. Thank you very much, bye, bye.
- Paula sorted it out, she is customer service and she was very, very helpful, fantastic, ten out of ten.
- The service I received from Colin in repairs was absolutely outstanding he made me feel very well at ease and he made me feel very important and he dealt with my query in minutes, thank you very much to Colin.
- Anyway the service is fantastic. I got what I want, and it is very encouraging how the lady dealt with the situation. Thank you
- I think you're doing a grand job and thank you very much indeed.
- The girls that I speak with on the phone are always so polite and helpful after the customer service that I received from Hyde's is excellent. Thank you.
- Great service very well communicated and very helpful and couldn't ask for anything more.
(Comments taken from Customer Services Feedback left following calls during July 2016.)
National Customer Services Week took place from 3-7 October and is led by The Institute of Customer Services.