Posted on 26 February 2021
Often victims and survivors of domestic abuse can lose confidence and need support in finding work. To mark International Women’s Day 2021, our partner ENGIE is running a free half day wellbeing workshop for our female customers living in Southwark and Lewisham.
The half day virtual workshop is being held at 9.15am on Monday 8 March 2021.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company and as part of this free session, will discuss:
- Roles and live job vacancies within ENGIE, with the opportunity to register for accredited training (scheduled for April)
- ENGIE’s recruitment process and some top tips in finding work
- ENGIE’s commitment to being an inclusive employer, for example, around flexible working
- Sustainable employment – how to optimise your chances of long-term employment
- Networks and mentoring
ENGIE will be joined by Smart Works, a charity that supports women through one-to-one interview coaching.
Who should attend?
If you are a victim or survivor of domestic abuse, this workshop can help you at any stage of your journey back to work: if you are currently a job seeker, have gaps in your employment history, or are at risk of or have recently been made redundant, or if you have childcare or other caring responsibilities.
The workshop is aimed at women aged over 18, and you need to be a permanent resident in either the London Borough of Southwark or Lewisham (further borough based sessions to follow).
How to apply:
Pre-registration is required. Anyone interested needs to sign up in the following ways:
- You can register via Eventbrite.
- You can register directly via EDAC and quote ‘Engie Workshop’ and ask to be registered
- You can also use the EDAC online contact form, again quoting ‘Engie Workshop’ and ask to be registered
- Call to speak with an EDAC advisor on 0300 102 2321 and ask to be registered on the Engie workshop
- You can also speak to your Job Centre Work Coach