Posted on 16 December 2021
Thank you to all our customers who took part in our first ever Customers Connect Conference. Over 200 customers and staff took part in the conference with sessions on repairs, complaints, services charges, homeownership and an opening introduction with Interim Chief Executive Officer, Neal Ackcral.
The conference took place over two weeks in November and consisted of a programme of online activities to bring staff and customers together to listen to each other, to learn and to work in partnership to improve services.
The aim of the conference was to provide opportunities for customers to talk to us about services that matter to them. We also wanted to promote customer involvement, and opportunities to get involved.
The conference included:
- 27 different online activities:
- 16 Zooms meetings
- 10 Zoom webinars
- a ‘live lounge link up’ – our first digital link up between two sheltered schemes - Lacy House in Chichester and St Mauritius House in Lewisham. The link up was to gain feedback from residents to help shape our new cleaning and grounds maintenance services
- 70 expert speakers from 21 different teams/services across Hyde
- Resident volunteers from our formal groups: Customer Voice; our Resident Inspection Team; and Home Owners Panel.
The conference told us that you wanted better:
- More proactive, tailored communication and updates
- More openness and transparency around how we do things and why
- Easier ways to get in touch.
- Service improvement
- You wanted us to genuinely listen and use feedback to change what we do
- Better performance, especially around contractor management.
What happens next?
We’re going to report to our Board and our Executive Leadership Team and provide individual reports back to the relevant services. This will be followed by regular feedback to customers.
Robert Cooper, our Customer Involvement Manager, said: “We held this conference as we wanted to listen to our customers, and encourage them to have their say. We wanted to be open and improve transparency and clarity of our services, sharing information and guidance- building on a more customer focused culture.
“Thanks to everybody who took part. We’ve logged all your comments and concerns. The Customer Involvement team will now work with each service area to monitor their recommendations and to agree follow up engagement activities.”
Visit Customers Connect for more information and to find out how you can get involved.