Posted on 31 July 2017
The Hyde Foundation has achieved fantastic results since relaunching its new services last July.
Formerly Hyde Plus, the Hyde Foundation introduced new models of working covering four areas last year: Successful Tenancies, Successful Places, Hyde Charitable Trust (HCT) and Business Development. Between July 2016 and March 2017, the Hyde Foundation:
- Helped 70 households avoid eviction
- Brought in £1.1m through increased rental payments and backdated benefits
- Provided 1:1 advice and support to 5,730 residents
- Supported 393 people to develop skills and confidence and to get training to increase their employability
- Helped 113 people find jobs
- Engaged with 2,290 young people at risk of involvement in ASB and youth violence
- Created £4.2m in social value (based on HACT calculations) through the Successful Places team’s partnership work in Hyde communities.
Head of Hyde Foundation Jahanara Rajkoomar said: “These are brilliant results. We are delighted with the success of the transformation, which has enabled us to continue to provide support to residents so that the rest of Hyde can get on with putting roofs over more people’s heads.”
The Hyde Foundation Impact Statement for 2016/17 (PDF, 6.3MB) gives more details of the achievements over the past twelve months.