Posted on 05 June 2019
We are committed to providing warm, healthy and affordable homes that are economical to run as well as reducing our impact on the environment.
The strategy, which runs until 2021, focuses on five key areas:
- The Hyde Energy Standard: aiming to improve all of our homes to an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) band C or higher by 2030
- Community heating and heat networks: improving the management and efficiency of existing homes and ensuring best practice for future developments
- Communal energy use: ensuring we secure the best energy tariff for our residents and effectively managing energy costs and consumption
- Offices, operations and transport: improving energy efficiency in our offices and managing Hyde employees’ travel emissions
- Environmental management: reducing the amount of waste we send to landfill and managing the impacts within our supply chain.
“Our new Energy and Environment Strategy sets out how we will improve our approach to energy and environmental management over the next two years,” said our Energy Manager, Andrew Piper.
“We recognise our growing responsibility for energy and environmental impact. The strategy highlights our commitment to improving the energy and environmental performance, not just in our homes, but as a business.”
For more information, contact us.