Applicants for our properties will be assessed using the following criteria:
- The applicant(s) must be over 18 years old.
- Total household income must be less than £50,000 per annum.
- Applicants will be required to pay one month rent and service charges in advance and set-up a monthly direct debit or standing order payment before being granted a tenancy.
- Applicants with arrears (or a history of arrears) will not be housed where these are of their own making and not due to late payment of Housing Benefit.
- Applicants who own their own home will not normally be housed although exceptions may be made depending on the circumstances of the individual or individuals involved.
- Applicants entitled to Housing Benefit will normally be accepted but will not be allowed to under-occupy.
- Applicants able to pay their own rent (ie not entitled to Housing Benefit) will be allowed to under-occupy by a maximum of one bedroom eg a single person or couple will be considered for a two bedroom property if they are paying their own rent.
- Confirmation of employment, earnings, residence and immigration status will be required from prospective tenants. Applicants will be asked to complete a monthly outgoings form, which could consequently reduce their income to a level where their application may be rejected because the property is unaffordable.
The credit history of an applicant(s) will be checked with a credit referencing agency. We will only progress a letting when we have received all of the following information from an applicant(s):
- Proof of addresses (eg utility bill)
- Proof of identification (eg photocopy of passport or driving licence)
- Proof of landlord (eg rent book or letter of confirmation)
- Proof of earnings (photocopy of last three months wage slips and bank statements)