Welcome | Our 2050 strategy | Becoming truly customer-driven | Providing safe, energy-efficient homes | Building homes | Financial sustainability | Value for money | Our staff
The impact of the cost of living crisis, cuts to local services, and the extraordinary setbacks caused by the coronavirus pandemic, means we must support our customers and communities now, more than ever.
We want to enable positive change in communities and develop places where people want to live. We provide specialist advice and advocacy services to customers at risk of homelessness and, through Hyde Charitable Trust grants and social value contributions from our supply chain, add value to our Successful Places and Successful Tenancies programmes.
- We made 1,979 interventions preventing evictions and homelessness (2020-21: 2,083)
- We advised 1,458 customers on financial matters (2020-21: 1,552)
- We worked with our supply chain to deliver £1.65m in social value (2020-21: £130k)
- We secured £1.6m of external funding (2020-21: £264k)
- Hyde Charitable Trust awarded 458 grants worth £1.1m to community programmes (2020-21: 632 grants worth £1.5m)
- The value of our social tenancies was £601m, or £17,684 per tenancy.