We want to provide affordable homes for people that need them, in the places where they’re most needed. We aim to be managing between 75,000 and 100,000 homes by 2050 and will partner with others to build more than we can alone. We use a mixed-funding model, incorporating grant, debt funding, partnerships, joint ventures and third-party investment.
Delays, plus material and labour shortages caused by COVID-19, impacted our development programme. However, we expect to increase the number of homes we build over the next few years and, by 2027/28, aim to be building at least 2,000 homes a year, with a planned pipeline of more than 18,000 homes.
- 456 homes completed, including joint ventures (2020/21: 651)
- 859 homes started (2020/21: 1,926)
- 99 shared ownership homes sold (2020/21: 171); 153 market sale homes sold (2020/21: 255)
- 4,519 homes due to be started between 2022-27
- 6,748 homes due to be completed between 2022-27