Welcome | Value to society | Supporting customers | Providing safe, energy-efficient homes | Delivering homes | Financial performance | Value for money | Our staff
Delivery of the first phase of our strategic plan is guided by our 2020-25 objectives. This year, we launched a number of strategies across the business and began work on some major programmes and projects which will make our services to customers even better, improve the way we manage our data and make us more efficient.
We also took steps to address some of the biggest external challenges we and our customers face. This included supporting staff and customers through the coronavirus pandemic; managing our Building Safety programme to keep customers safe; putting in place plans to tackle the 2030 and 2050 Net Zero Carbon challenge; and securing funding that will allow us to keep building new affordable homes.
Become a truly customer-driven housing provider
- Introduced a new customer contact and case management system, so it’s easier to track and respond to customer enquires
- Switched to digital platforms and developed safe ways of working so we could continue to deliver services to customers during COVID-19
- Provided extra support and advice to customers struggling with the financial impact of COVID-19
- Launched our 2020-24 Customer strategy, our 2020-23 Housing Management strategy and our 2020-24 Customer Involvement strategy.
Deliver more of the right homes, in the right places
- Established the sector’s first shared ownership fund with M&G Investments, creating a £0.5bn pipeline of 2,000 new shared ownership homes
- Began building the first 346 of 1,000 affordable homes planned through our partnership with Brighton & Hove City Council
- Established a new joint venture of Evera Homes and Vistry to build 650 homes in Cambridgeshire
- Took ownership of the first of 1,400 homes at Rochester Riverside
- Started building more than 700 homes through strategic partnerships with Homes England and the Greater London Authority.
Ensure all of our homes are safe, decent and energy-efficient
- Co-founded the sector-leading Greener Futures Partnership with four other major housing associations to improve the sustainability of our homes and communities
- Delivered a multi-million pound programme to resolve fire safety issues in our homes, while pursuing successful legal action against the contractors responsible and offering advice to leaseholders struggling with EWS1 issues
- Began planning for changes to policies, data management and ways of working to comply with the forthcoming Building Safety Bill
- Launched our 2019-25 Asset Management strategy and our 2020-22 Energy and Sustainability strategy, and re-procured our five-year stock investment contracts, saving about £2m a year.
Have an efficient, high-performing, and customer-driven culture
- Renewed our approach to diversity and inclusion, with a particular focus on listening and responding to the needs of staff, as part of our 2020-25 People and Culture commitment
- Responded to the coronavirus pandemic with flexibility, ingenuity and resilience, continuing to provide services and new homes to our customers
- Launched our multi-year Digital Programme, to transform customer services and data management across Hyde
- Issued a 35-year, £400m low interest bond to help pay for new homes and investment and closed down old lending arrangements to reduce our cost of borrowing.