Easy to use services enable our residents to get on with their lives, without having to worry too much about how they deal with their landlord. We want to provide services that are fit for our residents now, and for those we house in the future, allowing them to do business with us, at a time and in a way that suits them. So, this year, a key area of development was to increase and improve our digital channels, to enable customers to transact with us in new and improved ways.
Our services include keeping homes in good repair, managing tenancies and estates, tackling anti-social behaviour and letting new homes. We also help residents to build skills and get into work, offer money guidance and debt advice and work with local communities to improve neighbourhoods and create opportunities for the people who live there.
- Our Empty Homes and Lettings team helped 5,535 people find a new home, with 1,789 homes being let
- We improved access to online services: the use of digital channels rose to 13%, up from 9% the year before
- Look Again, our new way of working, will save us about £1.2m a year from 2018-19
- We continued to make our service charges clearer, easier to understand and more transparent
- Hyde Foundation brought in £1.2m of financial gains to Hyde and delivered £600,000 of financial gains to residents
- Our in-house maintenance provider Hyde Property Services achieved customer satisfaction in excess of our 86% target
- 85.4% of customers were satisfied with repairs.