We continued our efforts to reduce waste and inefficiency in services last year, re-investing the money we saved in services and building new homes. Over the past year we:
- Delivered £12.65m by disposing of empty properties beyond economical repair
- Saved £5.4m by re-procuring contracts
- Saved £4.1m through a common sense approach to stock investment
- Reduced the number of local authority areas in which we operate from 74 to 62
- Reduced the cost of offices and facilities management by 6%
- Expanded our legal team to bring more work in-house, saving £1m.