This placement is part of the Government Kickstart scheme. To apply you must be aged 16-24, claiming Universal Credit and have been referred by your Job Centre Work Coach.
- Location: Islington
- Salary: National minimum wage
- Contract type: 6 months fixed term, 25 hours per week
- Closing date: 10 October 2021
- Start date: TBC
At the Hyde Group, we see a future that creates a great home for everyone. We are a leading provider of affordable homes. We are doers - professional, ambitious and open. Together, our values reflect an organisation built on a culture of achievement.
Purpose of role:
- To provide additional support across the Partners for Islington (PFI) Housing Accounts team, who deliver high quality advice and support to customers to manage the prevention and recovery of rent arrears and service charges.
- To work in collaboration with the PFI Housing Project Teams, helping to ensure the projects are completed in line with the specified requirements by carrying out general administration, research and reporting activities, including communication with internal and external parties.
Description of duties:
Deliver general administration support for interdepartmental projects, arranging meetings and conducting research to support the project teams in meeting their specified objectives and deliverables.
Respond to customer queries using various communication methods in line with internal policies and procedures, notifying the Team Leader of any non-compliance issues, process failures and/or complaints.
Maintain and update manual and computerised systems, providing clear and accurate details to the relevant teams regarding the customer query, actions taken and the contact information as and when required.
Work with the Team Leader and other colleagues to gather and collate key information from various business units across Hyde as well as external parties for wider reporting purposes.
Demonstrate competent use of MS Office packages including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, along with the relevant information management systems.
Observe the highest possible standards when handling sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality in line with Data Protection law.
Work within the limits of Hyde’s policies and procedures and systems covering all areas of work, always demonstrating the core values expected of Hyde staff in line with our achievement culture.
Undertake other reasonable support duties as requested.