This placement is part of the Government Kickstart scheme. To apply you must be aged 16-24, claiming Universal Credit and have been referred by your Job Centre Work Coach.
- Location: Brent
- Salary: National minimum wage
- Contract type: 6 months fixed term, 25 hours per week
- Closing date: 10 October 2021
- Start date: TBC
At the Hyde Group, we see a future that creates a great home for everyone. We are a leading provider of affordable homes. We are doers - professional, ambitious and open. Together, our values reflect an organisation built on a culture of achievement.
Purpose of role:
To support the Brent Coefficient - PFI Housing Team by carrying out a range of general administration and reception duties, with the overall aim of helping customers and local communities receive appropriate support services from Hyde and partner organisations.
Description of duties:
- Cover reception duties, greeting visitors in a professional manner, maintaining an accurate log of all visitors, and providing approved contractors with adequate keys/access to complete on-site maintenance.
- Provide general administration support for the Brent Coefficient team, preparing and issuing standard letters and any other general documentation as required.
- Take proactive steps to engage with customers such as, responding to basic customer queries, contacting residents regarding low level rent arrears, and providing customers with general advice with support from the Project Coordinator.
- Assist with setting-up payment plans, sending out payment cards and taking rent payments in line with internal policies and procedures, notifying the Project Coordinator of any issues, process failures and/or complaints.
- Maintain and update manual and computerised systems, providing clear and accurate details regarding rent accounts, customer queries, any actions taken and the contact information as and when required.
- Work with the local team to advertise empty homes, ensuring nominations and shortlists are received in a timely manner, arranging viewings for the Housing Management team, and supporting the sign-up process for new tenancies.
- Support the Project Coordinator with wider impact and monitoring activities by obtaining feedback from customers through case studies, surveys, and other appropriate methods.
- Demonstrate competent use of MS Office packages including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, along with the relevant information management systems.
- Observe the highest possible standards when handling sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality in line with Data Protection law.
- Work within the limits of our policies, procedures and systems covering all areas of work, always demonstrating the core values expected of Hyde staff in line with our achievement culture.