We are looking for a Tenancy Officer to join the team in Chichester.
- Location: Chichester
- Salary: £30,600 - £34,000 pro rata
- Contract type: 6 month contract
- Reference number: REC02134
- Closing date: 14 May 2021
At the Hyde Group, we see a future that creates a great home for everyone. We are a leading provider of affordable homes. We are doers - professional, ambitious and open. Together, our values reflect an organisation built on a culture of achievement.
You will be responsible for delivering a responsive and efficient specialist tenancy management service to residents with a focus on low customer effort in line with the our policies and procedures. You will also deliver a proactive and customer focused tenancy management service to customers through the professional management of tenancy actions in compliance with policy, regulation and legislation.
Duties of a Tenancy Officer:
- Maintain a have a high level of expertise on legislation, and current good practice relating to tenancy and lease management.
- Manage a caseload of tenancy-related activity to a professional standard.
- Deal sensitively with residents at risk of tenancy failure, referring cases to appropriate support providers where necessary.
- Undertake investigations into cases of squatting, abandonment, and illegal subletting, working closely with partner agencies.
- Prepare cases for, and represent the Hyde Group at court, in possession proceedings relating to tenancy breaches, liaising with legal representatives as appropriate
- Work proactively to keep customers and other stakeholders informed about the progress of cases, providing accurate and timely responses to all matters
- Housing management experience
- Housing law experience would be an advantage
- Customer-facing skills
- Excellent organisation skills.
We offer a great flexible benefits package, the ability to engage in flexible working, 26 days annual holiday and a 35 hour working week and the opportunity to work for an organisation whose social purpose is to help provide people with a home.
Apply online now