We are looking to recruit a Money & Debt Adviser.
In this role you will increase successful tenancies for Hyde residents at risk of tenancy failure through the provision of time-bound and holistic debt and money advice. A background in housing is desirable but not essential, however, experience working in a debt advisory role is needed.
- Location: Islington
- Salary: £28,900 per annum
- Contract type: Permanent
- Job reference: REC01690
Duties of a Money & Debt Advisor
- You will be working with residents, internal departments and external agencies to provide debt advice in accordance to FCA regulations and guidance from the Money Advice Service.
- Provide professional, expert, confidential money and debt advise to Hyde residents to resolve crisis money management issues relating to their tenancies (rent arrears) and using external partners for other financial difficulties as appropriate.
- Provide relevant financial capability support to residents to increase their financial resilience and ability to maintain their tenancy in the medium to long term.
- Work directly with and manage caseload of residents, completing an individual time bound action plan.
- Work with residents and the welfare benefits team to ensure that eligible benefits to increase residents' levels of financial stability by sourcing grants and benefits.
Applicants must have a current money advice certificate through IMA or an equivalent qualification. You will provide 1:1 money and debt advice to residents and be the main point of contact for specialist money, debt and benefit information in the locations you cover.
We offer a 35-hour working week, 26 days holiday, an award-winning flexible benefit and well-being package and the opportunity to work for a commercially focused organisation with a strong social conscience.
Apply online now