We are currently recruiting for an Account Advisor to join our team at Partners for Improvement in Islington. Partners is a long-term partnership with Islington Council where we are responsible for working with sub-contractors to maintain and manage 6,500 homes in Islington.
- Location: Islington
- Salary: £25,500 - £30,480
- Contract type: Full time, permanent
- Job reference: REC01653
This role would be responsible for managing the prevention and recovery of rent arrears, service charges and other debts for all tenure types (to include but not limited to rent accounts, homeowner accounts, sundry accounts) in an efficient manner in accordance with policy and procedure providing a professional and proficient customer-focused service to the PFI residents.
Duties of an Account Advisor:
- Carry out tasks set out in the rent arrears policies and procedures in order to minimise/reduce both the number of cases and value of those in arrears to achieve local targets and objective.
- Carry out out tasks as required by the service charge arrears policies and procedures, including liaising and negotiating with solicitors and mortgage providers.
- Completion of all necessary paperwork in order to make an application to County Court for possession proceedings, using the possession claims online portal, ensuring all associated protocols have been completed.
- Prepare eviction reports in accordance with policy and procedure and attend evictions as required.
- Enable residents to manage themselves through welfare reform changes. Maintain expertise and knowledge on welfare reform to provide advice and guidance including conducting home visits where required.
- Ensure residents receive appropriate advice and guidance regarding benefits and welfare entitlements in order to maximise the resident’s potential income, making appropriate referrals where identified.
We offer an award-winning flexible benefits package, the ability to engage in flexible working and a 35 hour working week.
Apply online now