EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)
The UK has left the EU. if you are from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or a Swiss citizen then please read the following guidance from gov.uk:
After Brexit EU Nationals need to have ‘Pre-settled’ or ‘Settled status’ to be able to access and keep some of the rights in the UK.
Getting your status will prove your right to:
- Stay in the UK for more than 3 months
- Use the NHS
- Access public funds such as benefits and pensions
- Rent a home
EEU Nationals with Permanent Right to Reside
If you already have permanent residence status, you still have to apply to the EU Settlement scheme.
If you have the certificate/card to prove it, then they will find it easier to get 'settled status'.
Don’t forget your children
You can apply for settled or pre-settled status for your child if they’re under 21 and either:
- They are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
- They are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but you are - or your spouse or civil partner is
- The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Your child can also apply for themselves
For updates on the above and on how and when to apply, see the links below: