Please bear with us…
Due to the adverse winter weather including flooding and storms, we’ve been experiencing a higher than normal level of calls, which is resulting in longer than usual waiting times when you phone us. We do apologise that you have to wait and ask that you please bear with us whilst we work through each call as efficiently as possible.
We know that the weather has caused minor damage to some residents’ property such as fence panels being broken and damage to communcal areas. We would ask that you report this via email. This will allow us to focus on sorting out emergency repairs. You can let us know about this type of damage by using our online reporting option below or by emailing email@example.com
For those with urgent repairs, our opening hours are from 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday.
Many thanks for your help
The Hyde Group
You can report a repair to Hyde via any of our contact methods, details of which can be found on our contact us page or below. Alternatively you can report your report via the regional form below.
To speak to a member of the Customer Services team call 0800 389 3576. You may find it easier and cheaper to call 0208 297 7500 if you are calling from a mobile phone.
The Customer Services team phone lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm excluding bank holidays.
To report an emergency repair outside of office hours please see our emergency repairs page.
If you need an emergency repair you should always telephone us rather than reporting your repair online or via email.
Emergency repairs are faults that put your health at risk or could damage the property further.
For our Out of Hours service, this would normally be a "make-safe" option until we can arrange for a permanent fix to be done.
This is when:
• The repair presents an immediate danger, such as loose or falling brickwork, gas leaks, electrical faults likely to cause shock or fire, and total loss of power.
• Further damage will be caused if the repair is delayed e.g. burst pipes, severe roof damage
• The repair is a potential health hazard, i.e. drainage problems causing waste water to back up or flood entrance paths, or communal staircase lighting.
If you smell gas:
• Turn off the supply at the mains;
• Don’t smoke or use a naked flame or turn any electrical switch or appliance off or on (this includes mobile phones or pressing doorbells) as this could ignite the gas;
• Open all doors and windows IMMEDIATELY to ventilate the property; and
• Call the National Gas Emergency Number on 0800 111 999 (24 hours). Phone from a nearby property and do not use a landline or mobile phone in the affected property.
For more information on home safety please visit the Gas & Home Safety page.
The following information is designed to provide general guidance as to the sorts of maintenance and repairs you are expected to take responsibility for. You are also responsible for putting right accidental or deliberate damage to your home.
Please refer to your tenancy agreement if you require further clarification, or contact our Customer Service team
Your Repair and Maintenance Responsibilities:
These include small jobs inside your home such as replacing or repairing any of the following:
• Cupboard catches and hinges
• Installing and adding insulation jackets to hot water tanks and fire ignition units
• Redecorating inside your home and keeping the decoration in good condition
• Maintaining fixtures and fittings, such as curtain and dado rails and other fittings that you have installed
• Treating household pests and infestations such as ants, slugs and mice
• Clearing blockages in waste pipes and toilets caused by a lack of care or misuse
• Keeping airbricks and ventilators clear
• Repairs to any improvements you have carried out
• Replacing lost bath, sink and wash hand basin plugs
• Tap washers and shower hoses
• Looking after any garden
• Removing and properly disposing of all rubbish from home and garden
• Filling minor cracks in plaster
• Minor repairs to fencing
• Replacing broken windows/door glass
• Replacing locks and keys
• Renewing lavatory seats
• Replacing light bulbs, tubes and starters
• Accidental or any intentional damage
• Radiator bleeding
• You are also responsible for getting your own belongings insured (eg home contents). This includes all types of floor covering. We only insure the building. Always check your policy for exceptions.